Watch a STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) music video, then see if your quiz score improves! To launch the pre-video quiz, please select a video from the options below. (A new browser tab will open.) Don't worry if you aren't in the targeted age groups -- the quizzes are open to all! Also, feel free to do them more than once!
Recommended for Elementary School
• The Double Life of Amphibians, grades 3-6
• Five Senses, grades 3-7
• Meet The Elements, grades 3-6
• Shake [states of matter], grades 4-6
Recommended for Middle School
• Ain't It Beautiful? [wheat agriculture], grades 5-9
• Fossil Rock Anthem, grades 5-9
• Nervous System, grades 5-8
Recommended for High School
• I'm A Virus!, grades 9-12
• Ode to the Brain, grades 8-12
• Tau [geometry], grades 9-12
• Necessary But Not Sufficient [muscle glycolysis]
• Sagebrush [chemical ecology]
Please note that the music videos themselves were not created by, and are not the property of, SingAboutScience.org. Credits for each video may be found within the video and/or on its YouTube page. Special thanks to Tom McFadden
, whose masters thesis provided inspiration for these quizzes as well as most of the questions associated with "Fossil Rock Anthem."
To request additional quizzes or discuss existing quizzes, please contact Greg Crowther (email@example.com).