• You may search one or more fields at a time. If you enter text in multiple boxes, you will get results that match
ALL conditions. Example: if you type tree in the
Song Title field and Bill in the Performer/Songwriter field, only songs whose title includes tree
AND whose performer or songwriter includes Bill will be shown.
• Spelling counts! That is, searches will only match exact sequences of characters. Example: a search for the performer
Bungee Jumping Cows yields no matches because the
official group name is Bungee Jumpin' Cows. However, searches are not case-sensitive.
• Single words,
or even parts of words, often work better in searches than multi-word phrases. (For example, entering "mitochondri" will match mitochondrial, mitochondria, and mitochondrion.) Do not use quotation marks
even for multi-word phrases.
• Keywords/phrases may be found either in a song's title or in its lyrics, provided that the lyrics are stored in our
• When searching for short keywords, consider adding a space before and/or after them. For example, a keyword search
for pi will return hundreds of songs, since this string matches apical, epinephrine, pine, etc. A search for
[space]pi[space] will reduce the number of hits considerably.
• Additional tips are posted on our database F.A.Q. page.
Are we missing some songs? Please send your suggestions to
firstname.lastname@example.org! Please include as much of the following
information as possible:
• Song title
• Song template (parody title)
• Album title
• URL for lyrics
• URL for music
• URL for video
• URL for purchase